- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Information for Nevada Residents
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our Websites or provide or use in connection with our Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but this may limit your ability to take advantage of some features, promotions, or other Services.
- Contact and Registration Information such as your name, contact information, email address, username and password.
- Identification Data such as your driver’s license number, other government ID number, or employer identification number
- Linked Financial Account Data such as your financial account number, payment card number, or username and password to an online account.
- Transaction Information such as information related to your payment transactions.
- Questionnaires, surveys, or contests including any information you provide when participating in surveys or contests that Payliance may run from time to time.
- Interactions with Payliance Associates including any communications and requests to Payliance associates, such as for customer assistance.
- Content you post to our Websites such as comments that you post to our Websites, forums, and discussion areas.
- Other information you provide such as profile data that you upload to your account.
Information We Collect Automatically
We and our service providers may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer our Websites and improve functionality, and to gather general demographic information about our user base as a whole. Such information may include:
- Device Information such as your IP address, browser information, and device type.
- Usage information such as browsing behavior on our Websites, URL information, click stream information, telemetry on your interactions with our Services, and date/time stamps.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services. In particular, we may use your Personal Information:
- To Provide Our Services, such as to provide products and services that you request; register and manage your account; and provide and manage the Services.
- To Market and Advertise to You, such as to send you updates, newsletters, promotions, and surveys; personalize notifications and service offerings to you; manage your participation in events and sweepstakes; communicate with you about our products and services; publish customer testimonials or photos; analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our website or social media channels; improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and/or send follow-up communications thanking you for your business or inquiring as to your satisfaction.
- To Improve Our Services, such as engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Services; track the efficacy of our Websites and/or improve the Website experience; and for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
- To Provide Customer Service, such as provide customer service when you need help and/or to improve customer experiences; provide status updates on requested transactions; or inform you about product releases or updates.
- Or for any other purpose not listed here, with your consent.
In addition to the above purposes, we may collect and summarize customer and visitor information in aggregated, de-identified form for any purposes, including statistical or research.
How We Share Your Personal Information
As explained in greater detail below, we may disclose certain categories of Personal Information for the purposes and with the types of entities set forth in this section for business purposes (as defined by applicable law) or as required by applicable law:
At Your Direction
We may share your Personal Information with third parties when you direct us to do so.
We may share your Personal Information with other entities who perform services on our behalf such as payment processing, email distribution, sending marketing communications, servicing products, maintenance of your account, conducting research surveys, verifying and validating information that you have provided to us, and providing customer support services. Such entities are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets
Your Personal Information may be transferred or disclosed to a purchaser or prospective purchaser in the event of a sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets.
We may disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect your or our rights or safety, or that of others, or to protect the security or integrity of our Service, including but not limited to by exchanging information with other companies and organizations for anti-fraud/anti-bot and credit risk reduction purposes.
Links to Third Parties
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect information about your browsing activities through cookies on other sites, and then display targeted ads on various sites that you visit. If you wish to opt-out of interest-based ads, then you may do so here. Please note this does not opt you out of being receiving ads, only targeted ones. To opt out of third-party advertising or analytics, please see section “How to Contact Us” below.
Accessing, Changing, and Modifying Your Account Information and Settings
We provide a number of choices about the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information:
- If you have registered for an account, you can access, review and manage many changes yourself via the customer dashboard in our app. Within the dashboard, you can do things like update your profile information and change your communication preferences.
- You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. You will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g., order status).
- We may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests, sweepstakes, surveys and/or other promotions on our Websites. If you participate, we will request Personal Information from you.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third party purposes, as listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
Data Retention and Account Closure
We may keep some of your Personal Information after you close your account to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We may retain de-identified information after your account has been closed.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We implement a variety of security safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. However, no method or transmission over the internet or electronic system is completely secure, so there is no guarantee that such data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed in connection with a breach of our physical, technical, organizational, or managerial safeguards.
Choosing a Password
When you register as a user and create an online account on our Website, you will be prompted to select a personal password. To maximize your level of protection, you should choose a strong and unique password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and any account information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Under the CCPA, this Notice to California Residents and the privacy practices and rights it describes do not apply to the information we collect, use or disclose about individuals who apply for, begin an application for, or establish a Perpay Mastercard Credit Card. This is because this information is subject to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) and implementing regulations, or the California Financial Information Privacy Act (“CalFIPA”). The GLBA and/or CalFIPA governs the information of users who initiated the process of applying for our financial products or services.
Your California privacy rights. The CCPA grants individuals whose information is governed by the CCPA the following rights:
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the personal information that we have collected from you.
- Opt out of sale of your personal information. Like many businesses, we use services that display interest-based ads to users around the web. We offer instructions on how to limit online tracking in the “Online tracking opt out” section above.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you.
How users in California can exercise their rights
You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
• Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Right to opt out of sale of personal information. We provide additional instructions on how to limit sharing of online tracking information with advertising platforms in the “Online tracking opt-out” section above.
• Identity verification. We will need to confirm your identity and California residency to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
Information for Nevada Residents
Certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased or leased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by contacting us using the methods outlined in the “Contact Us” Section. Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
Our Services are designed for and directed at people 13 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If Payliance learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online, it will take reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or other as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any Personal Information we have collected from children under 13, please see “Contact Us” for details to contact us.
If you have questions about how we collect, store and use Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.